RCB IPL Auction Day 2 Live: Royal Challengers Bangalore bought eight players on Day 1 of IPL 2022 mega auction held on Saturday. They bought back Wanindu Hasaranga and Harshal Patel, and further shored up their bowling attack by also adding Josh Hazlewood.
They broke the bank for securing the bowling duo of Hasaranga and Harshal as they bought them for Rs 10.75 crore each. They have already spent Rs 80.75 crore from their budget of Rs 90 crore on retaining and buying
Their costliest purchase on Day 1 was West Indies wicketkeeper-batter Pooran for whom they shelled out Rs 10.75 crore. Now, from their total purse of Rs 90 crore, they have already spent Rs 69.85 crore on retaining and buying a total of 11 players.
They are left with Rs 9.25 crore to fill the remaining 14 vacant spot.
Here’s how RCB spent their money on Day 1 of IPL Auction
Players Bought on Day 1
- Faf du Plessis – Rs 7 crore
- Harshal Patel – Rs 10.75 crore
- Wanindu Hasranga – Rs 10.75 crore
- Josh Hazlewood – Rs 7.75 crore
- Dinesh Karthik – Rs 5.50 crore
- Anuj Rawat – Rs 3.4 crore
- Shahbaz Ahmed – Rs 2.4 crore
- Akash Deep – Rs 20 lakh
Here are the players bought by RCB on Day 2:
- Mahipal Lomror – Rs 95 lakh