With the summer holidays in full swing and little ones seizing the spotlight, it might be time to give their bedrooms an update.
After all, kids’ bedrooms often double up as toy rooms and play areas as well as slumber sanctuaries – not to mention all the kit they need to store – and children can outgrow things fast.
You don’t necessarily need to redo the whole room, however. Swapping in one or two new items can provide a fun refresh, and help the room ‘grow’ with them.
From stylish storage solutions to blissful bedding, these best bedroom buys will blend beautifully into existing schemes – and might even bring out the big kid in you…
1. Sleepmasters Wig-Wam X Bed Frame, £199.99 (was £249.99), Bensons For Beds
With tent and camping vibes, this wig-wam-inspired bedframe is sure to fire their imagination – especially if they have a wall or ceiling full of stars to sleep under.
2. Rocket Children’s Wall Light, £19.99, Lights4fun
Aspiring astronauts or rocketeers will love this whizzy wooden rocket lighting up their favourite space. Backlit by 18 warm white LEDs.
3. Kid’s Bookcase with Storage – White, £69 (left; other items from a selection), Dunelm
When you want to take the chore out of sorting and organising their favourite things – and teach them to be bedroom proud – this handy bookcase comes with three shelves at just the right height, with two compartments at ground level and space for stacking baskets.
4. Tipi Bed, £299 (was £399), Studio
With space for their favourite cuddly toys, this white and mint green tipi-shaped headboard should entice them to settle down. Plus, two roomy pull-out drawers can be used for books, spare bedding and PJs – or anything left lying around.
5. Snurk Childrens Princess Duvet Bedding Set in Yellow, £44 (was £49) Cuckooland
Are you thinking what we’re thinking? Why don’t they make beautiful make-believe bedding like this for grown-ups! Your little princess can take dressing up as Cinderella to the next level, when they head to dreamland with this winning duvet set.
6. Kids Rattan Clothes Rail, £199, Dunelm
This stylish rattan clothes rail will be a godsend when you’re laying out their new uniform – not to mention their holiday wardrobe, party clothes or football kit.
7. Rattan London Bus Book Shelf, £245, The White Company
An investment piece for sure – this iconic London bus offers wheels of fun for all ages and will stand the test of time. It’s the perfect height for tots and little kids to store their treasures, with ample room. Plus, it’s versatile enough for teens to top it with succulents or trailing ferns.
8. George Green Apple Cushion, £7, Direct.asda
Not green but a lovely pretty pink, the apple of your eye deserves a fun cushion to snuggle up with.
9. The White Company Organic-Cotton Reversible Gingham Bed Linen Set – Blue, from £40, The White Company
Gingham bed linen always feels summery, fresh and fun, plus these classic blue checks (also available in red, grey and pink) come with a printed reverse – this one features little stars. Style with a cotton throw and teddy for the best-dressed kids’ bed in town.
10. Kids Polar Bear Plush Animal Head Wall Décor by Wild & Soft, £44.95 (was £49.95), Cuckooland
This is Basile! And he’s our new favourite beastie, with his plush faux fur and sweet face.
11. World Map Pillowcase – Colour In & Learn, £15.95, Eat Sleep Doodle
When you want to spark a taste for adventure or introduce them to far-flung destinations, this colour-in world map pillowcase comes with a set of 10 wash-out fabric pens. Genius.